(Solution) Nr305 Week 3 Assignment: Cardiovascular Assessment: Michael Granger (iHuman) (Graded)
Week 3 Assignment: Cardiovascular Assessment: Michael Granger (iHuman) (Graded)
The purpose of this assignment is for learners to demonstrate completing a cardiovascular assessment on a virtual patient.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
CO 1: Demonstrate a head to toe physical assessment. (PO 1)
CO 2: Differentiate between normal and abnormal health assessment findings. (PO 4)
CO 4: Demonstrate effective communication skills during health assessment and documentation. (PO 3)
CO 5: Identify collaborative opportunities for health promotion, risk reduction, and disease prevention. (POs 1, 2)
CO 6: Demonstrate professional behavior and caring during patient interactions. (POs 6, 7)
Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3
150 Points Total
- 100 points – Case Completion
- 50 points – Nurse Notes Responses
Late Assignment Policy
If the assignment is not submitted by due date, a late deduction will be applied. See rubric below.
- Access the Michael Granger Case Assignment in iHuman by clicking on the “Load Assignment in a New Window” button at the bottom of this assignment page. If prompted, select to load the case in a new browser window.
- Note: It may take a few moments for iHuman cases to load in your web browser, so please be patient.
- Complete the prework questions associated with the case.
- Begin the case and complete these sections: (100 points total, immediate feedback/grade will be provided to you by iHuman when complete)
- EHR Review
- Health History
- Physical Assessment
- Type your responses to the questions in the Nurse Notes section in the box provided. (50 points, graded by instructor after submission)
- Review the score and feedback provided by iHuman. You have the option to complete this case a second time before the submission deadline (total of 2 attempts) to improve your score. Your highest score will be recorded in the grade book.
- The Nurse Notes will be graded by your instructor and will be a separate grade in the grade book.
- Write an SBAR note to summarize Mr. Granger’s current health state for the next nursing shift.
The patient, Mr. Michael Granger is a 69-year-old African American male. He was admitted to the medical unit from his cardiologist’s office for heart failure exacerbation. The patient presents with a weight gain of 10 pounds in 3 days, increased edema, and shortness of breath. The patient is set to be discharged. He is a patient of Dr. Shaw who is currently writing discharge orders for the patient.
Mr. Granger has been admitted to the medical unit for heart failure exacerbation. He has a medical history of hypertension, high cholesterol, coronary artery disease, and myocardial infarction as well as heart failure which was diagnosed last year. The patient…………… Kindly click the purchase icon above to access full answer at $15