(Solution) NR351 Week 6 Assignment: Professional Paper
Week 6 Assignment: Professional Paper (Graded)
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to demonstrate good organization, appropriate scholarly writing, and correct APA formatting in writing a professional paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 3: Demonstrate effective communication and interprofessional collaboration in professional decision-making. (POs 3, 4)
- CO 4: Apply concepts of ethics and professionalism to nursing practice, nursing roles, and academic development. (POs 5, 6)
Sunday end of Week 6, 11:59 p.m. MT.
Late Assignment Policy
If the assignment is not submitted by due date, a late deduction will be applied. See rubric below.
- Carefully read these directions and the grading rubric below.
- Download the required templatebelow under Template.
- Rename that template as Your Last Name Professional Paper.docx. This must be saved as a Microsoft Word document (.docx). Save it to your own computer or flash drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later. Type your assignment directly on the saved document. Save your work often.
- View the Week 6 Professional Paper Tutorial [LINK] (Links to an external site.).
- In the NR351 Announcements, locate the announcement entitled IMPORTANT: Assigned Article for Weeks 4 & 6 Assignments.In this announcement you will find:
- The link to the assigned article (you must be logged into the Chamberlain Library before clicking the link). Download this article in PDF format to your own computer for use in this assignment. Read the entire article once downloaded and saved.
- The location of the required sentence for the quotation and citation.
- The location of the required sentence for paraphrasing and citation.
- NOTE:This is the same article used for the Week 4 Professional Paper Worksheet.
- This assignment must use the required article stated in the announcement described above to complete the following items:
- Title Page
- Explain that this paper is a summary of the assigned article
- Explain that the impact of the article contents on your own future practice will be presented
- Length of Introduction must be 50-75 words
- Assigned Article Summary
- Clearly summarize the major content of the assigned article. This should be an improved version of your Week 4 submission.
- One or two short quotations with citations (must include the assigned sentence for quotation)
- Several paraphrased areas with citations (must include the assigned sentence for paraphrasing)
- Length must be 175-200 words
- Impact of Assigned Article Content on Future Practice
- Clearly state how learning from the assigned article will impact your future practice
- Must be your own ideas about the impact of the article on your future nursing practice
- Use first person in this section
- No citations are needed in this section
- Length must be 125-150 words
- Write a concise summary of the main points of the paper
- Provide a concluding statement
- Length must be 75-100 words
- Reference for the assigned article should be a revised version of the Week 4 reference improved based on your instructor’s Week 4 feedback. Include the following:
- Article title
- Journal name
- Volume number
- Issue number
- Page numbers
- Double line spacing
- Hanging indent
- DOI if available
- Each of required items above is clearly described on the Professional Paper Template and Rubric (below on this page).
- When your Week 6 Professional Paper Assignment is completed, save and close the completed template. Click the Submit button at the top of this page to upload your completed assignment.
The purpose of this paper is to summarize the assigned article. In my nursing career, I plan to achieve true leadership and responsible stewardship. The assigned article provides insights on how I can achieve these goals by amplifying my voice in the public arena to advance the nursing policies, education, and practice.
Assigned Article Summary
Over the past couple of years, the lack of nurses’ representation in the media has been evident. However, Nickitas (2020) denotes that 2020 is the year that nurses’ visibility in the media should be increased. “We need to educate and engage the public through all forms of print and digital media at our disposal”(Nickitas, 2020, p. 57). “While health journalists do not understand the range of nurses’ roles, we are not routinely engaging journalists either” “(Nickitas, 2020, p. 57). As such, nurses need to take proactive actions including bringing to the attention of journalists the contribution of nurses through a letter to the editor, op-ed, or an opinion article. Other actions that nurses can use include increasing their visibility are developing media competency in their workplace and encouraging their colleagues to develop competency in media, and talking about the contribution of the nurses to a friend, colleagues as well as members of other professionals.
Impact of Assigned Article Content on Future Practice
One lesson from the assigned article is that nurses’ voices are important and influential and there is a need for nurses to speak up and let their voices be heard in the media. This lesson will be valuable in my future nursing practice………Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $20