(Solution) NR361 Week 2 Assignment: Course Project Milestone 1
nr361 Week 2 Assignment: Course Project Milestone 1
Course Project Milestone 1 Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as an educator. You are to prepare a patient scenario based on the required assigned topic. You will choose an already developed and reliable mHealth app to use in the education of your patient.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO1)
CO5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice. (PO5)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 1 is worth 150 points of this total.
Submit your completed NR361 Milestone 1 by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, end of Week 2. You may consult the Policies section in the Introduction & Resources module for details regarding late assignments. Post questions about this assignment in the Course Q & A Forum.
Required Assigned Topic
Required Assigned Topic for the focus of your paper
Note: You will create a scenario based on this required assigned topic.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Download the required Milestone 1 Template (Links to an external site.). Save it to your computer with the file name: Your Last Name NR361 Milestone 1.docx.
- Write a patient scenario using the Required Assigned Topic.
- Make sure to include a disease process, diagnosis, OR identify a patient with a desire to maintain good health and prevent illness and who would benefit from an already developed and reliable mHealth app.
- Describe in detail content planned for teaching this patient in the scenario.
- Include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and readiness to learn.
- Identify a mHealth app that could benefit the patient.
- Describe the app including the mHealth app name, purpose, intended audience, mobile device(s) upon which it will operate, where to download or obtain it. Add any other information you believe would be pertinent to this situation.
- Include a working link if it is to be downloaded from a website.
- Make sure to add a citation for this mHealth app in APA format.
- You are required to complete the Milestone 1 Template using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.).
- Carefully review the grading rubric criteria for Milestone 1 and type directly on your saved Milestone 1 Template.
- The instructor will score Milestone 1 and provide feedback and a clear statement regarding the required assignment topic:
- Accepted with revisions needed, OR
- Not accepted.
- If the Milestone 1 assignment needs revisions or is not accepted, the instructor will indicate if the student should communicate further revisions to the instructor. No additional points will be earned for revisions to Milestone 1 issue, but these revisions will greatly enhance success on later milestones.
- NR361 Week 2 Assignment: Course Project Milestone 1
Course Project Milestone 1 Template
Directions: Prior to completing this template, carefully review Course Project Milestone 1 Guidelines. After saving the document to your computer, type your answers directly on this template and save again. This assignment is due by Sunday end of Week 2 by 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time.
Name: ___ ___
NOTE: See Milestone 1 Rubric for details required in each area.
|Scenario for Milestone Assignment:
Scenario is clear and concise, including a disease process, diagnosis, OR identify a patient with a desire to maintain good health and prevent illness. Include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and readiness to learn.
|Diagnoses: Potential acute metabolic complications of DM related to hyperglycemia associated with lack of nutritional knowledge.
Mrs. Randal, a 61-year-old black female, had frequent episodes of high blood sugar at night. I asked Mrs. Randal to tell me what she was eating during the night. Mr. Sutton said, “I’m eating a bag of sugar free cookies every night because they are ‘sugar free.’” Mrs. Randal did not know that the cookies can be high in carbohydrates which turn to sugar and can raise blood sugar levels.
Medical history: Diabetes
Surgical history: Toe amputation in 2016
Insulin: Humalog (day) Lantus (night)
On assessment, patient is 250lbs.; height is 5 foot 6 inches; BMI-27.5
Vital signs: BP-140/78; Temperature- 98.0 °’; Heart Rate- 81/min; Respiration-21/min; SaO2- 97%; Pain score-0.
Blood glucose: 226 mg/dl
Patient has no known allergies, nonsmoker, non-drinker. Patient stated that he does not currently exercise. Patient eats mainly Caribbean foods, fast foods and loves to snack at night because it makes him sleep better. Patient’s family history includes high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase full solution at $10