(Solution) NR393 Week 2: Course Project Milestone 1
Course Project Milestone 1: Guidelines
To apply lessons in nursing history to living nurses contributing to nursing history through an interview and documentation of historical information
The Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Incorporate appropriate historical perspectives into current professional nursing practice (PO2).
CO4: Compare current professional nursing practice roles with historical roles of the nurse (PO7).
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 1 is worth 100 points of this total.
Submit your completed NR393 Milestone 1 by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. mountain time at the end of Week 2.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Nursing history is being made today by exemplary nurses throughout the world. Select one registered nurse who is creating nursing history to be the subject of this project. This RN must have at least 10 years of RN licensure. The nurse could be a family member; friend; colleague; acquaintance; manager; former instructor; or other nurse who is creating, delivering, or influencing the practice of nursing in your area. Do not select a former or current patient. Remember that a nurse does not have to create a nursing theory, write textbooks, or be the head of a nursing organization to make nursing history. The chief nurse executive who manages to deliver quality care in a small rural hospital with a tiny budget has a story worth telling. The nurse who served in the military has a story that is important to document as nursing history. The staff nurse who consistently provides high quality care is making history. History is not merely the major accomplishments or events; it includes the activities nurses everywhere do in their nursing lives. Milestone 1 is due at the end of Week 2.
- Clearly explain to the selected nurse that statements made in the interview will be recorded (audio, video, and/or written) and submitted to the instructor. The interview is not intended for public access.
- Obtain permission from the selected nurse to participate in an interview about his or her
- memories of nursing and nursing education;
- contributions to nursing; and
- persons or events that have influenced his or her nursing practice.
- Carefully review the Milestone 1 Grading Rubric. Complete only Milestone 1 requirements at this time.
- Download the required Milestone 1 Template (Links to an external site.). Save it to your computer with the file name as Your Last Name NR393 Milestone 1.docx.
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.). Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Type directly on your saved Milestone 1 Template. Submit your completed Milestone 1 as instructed by Sunday of Week 2.
- Note: Do not complete the interview at this time.
Before preparing your assignment, please review this “Crediting Sources Made Simple (Links to an external site.)“ resource. This tool is intended to help you understand scholarly writing, APA, referencing, and crediting. Please reach out to your instructor with any questions as you prepare your assignment.