(Solution) NR393 Week 4: Course Project Milestone 2
Week 4: Course Project Milestone 2
Course Project Milestone 2: Guidelines
To apply lessons in nursing history to living nurses contributing to nursing history through an interview and recording of historical information
The Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Incorporate appropriate historical perspectives into current professional nursing practice (PO2).
CO4: Compare current professional nursing practice roles with historical roles of the nurse (PO7).
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 2 is worth 200 points of this total.
Submit your completed NR393 Milestone 2 by the end of Week 4 at 11:59 p.m. MT.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Carefully review this Milestone 2 Guidelines document rubric and the Milestone 2 Template.
- Review the Differences Between Closed and Open-Ended Questions (Links to an external site.) document. Use the suggestions to formulate your initial and follow-up questions.
- Download the required Milestone 2 Template (Links to an external site.). Save it to your computer with the file name as Your Last Name NR393 Milestone 2.docx.
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.). Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Carefully review the rubric criteria for Milestone 2 and type directly on your saved Milestone 2 Template. Note that some of the questions have been provided for you on the template.
- Submit your completed Milestone 2 as instructed by Sunday of Week 4.
- After return of the graded Milestone 2, use faculty feedback to revise areas and questions for a superior interview. Revisions do not need to be submitted to faculty for approval.
Note: The date of the interview must be after Friday of Week 5 to allow your instructor time to grade your Milestone 2 and provide you with feedback (unless you have received prior permission from your instructor). If the interviewee’s schedule requires that you do the interview before that date, consult your instructor regarding early submission of Milestone 2 to ensure that you receive comments in time to incorporate revisions before the interview. Thank you.
Important: Remember that the interview must be a face-to-face or phone interview where you can ask questions of the nurse, the nurse can respond, and you can provide your response. It is not acceptable to use e-mail, text messages, or any other method to have the nurse write or type the answers. Contact your instructor if you have questions. Thank you.
Course Project Milestone 2 Template
Prior to completing this template, carefully review Course Project Milestone 2 Guidelines, paying particular attention to how to name the document and all rubric requirements. After saving the document to your computer, type your answers directly in this template, and save again. This assignment is due by the end of Week 4 at 11:59 p.m. MT.
Your Name: _____ ____
Note: See Milestone 2 Rubric for details required in each area.
|Scheduled Date and Location of Interview
|Date for interview (must be after Friday of Week 5): August 30th, 2020
Location: Westbury Memorial Public Library
|Interview Recording Method
|Select one: Written notes were used during a face to face interview
Hardware and/or software used:
|Milestone 3 Submission Method
|Select one: Typed on Milestone 2 Template
|Questions to Be Asked
Remember that all questions must be open ended and clearly related to this nurse.
Follow-up questions must be clearly related to the associated primary question.
(Type Question #3 below.)
|Follow-Up Questions for Each Primary Question
(Type questions below; see guidelines and announcements for details.)
|1: What are some of your favorite memories of nursing school? Definitely study group sessions with the other nurses. Such different personalities, but with the same dedication in wanting to care for patients brought us together. In nursing it’s very tough and stressful, but those study group sessions, with the amount of knowledge bounced off from everyone was a great experience.||a. What was particular that drew you to choose Helene Fuld College of Nursing, compared to the other nursing schools?
Time was really a factor in the choice of my school. As I was already working as an LPN, Helene College allowed me to obtain my associates degree in just 15 months.
|b. How did classmates or instructors impact your development as a nurse? One of my instructor’s favorite lines was, “Two things cannot occupy the same place at the same time.” That quote helped me to understand the human body and it helped me care for the patients throughout my ICU working years.|
Kindly click the icon ABOVE to purchase full solution at $10