(Solution) Nr439 Week 5 Assignment: Research Designs Assignment
Week 5 Assignment: Research Designs Assignment (graded)
A baccalaureate nurse understands, relates, and values the fundamental elements of research, process, and designs as a foundation for an evidence-based practice (AACN, 2008; QSEN, 2018).
Turnitin is now more closely integrated with Canvas. Overall, you will find Turnitin assignments easier to use, but the steps to submit an assignment have changed somewhat. Directions are as follows:
1. Click the orange “Submit Assignment” button at the top of the page to open the upload window.
2. Click on “Choose File” to select your assignment file you want to upload.
3. Check the box to agree to the Turnitin End-User License Agreement.
4. Click “Submit Assignment.”
5. Your Turnitin report will be visible in the “Grades” section of your course.
Please refer to the pages below for more information about these changes.
• Turnitin Submitting a Paper (Links to an external site.) explains how to submit a file.
• Turnitin Assignment Student View (Links to an external site.) lets you submit a paper, then view feedback on the file you have submitted.
• Turnitin Viewing Instructor Feedback (Links to an external site.) helps you view your instructor feedback.
Please contact your instructor if you have any questions.
This assignment provides a learning activity for students to demonstrate understanding of quantitative and qualitative research, the purpose and importance of designs, and how research is critical for creating a credible evidence-based nursing practice.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (PO 7 & 8)
Submit the completed Research Designs Assignment by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5.
This assignment is worth 225 points.
Directions for Preparing the Scholarly Paper:
- Read each of these instructions.
- Read the assignment grading rubric criteria. Your paper will be graded using the assignment grading rubric criteria.
- Review the Recommended Guideline (Links to an external site.). The guideline is a recommended outline only and does not substitute for your assignment grading rubric.
- Review the following link which contains a tutorial for your Week 5 Assignment. Click here for the transcript. (Links to an external site.)
- This assignment is completed as an APA paper. APA resources can be found in your Resources Tab and the library. You are required to complete the paper using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.) . Click on the envelope at the top of the page
- Two or more supporting scholarly references are required. Textbooks and assigned readings are not allowed and should not be used as a scholarly source. Use the Chamberlain Library to locate relevant, scholarly sources.
- No more than two direct quotes are allowed. You should be using mostly your own words to demonstrate your understanding of the topics/criteria for this assignment. Citations and references must be included.
- This is a short, scholarly paper. The assignment should be 3-4 pages in length not including the title page and references page.
- Double check your work with the grading rubric to ensure you have met all grading criteria for this assignment.
- Submit the completed assignment on the Week 5: Assignment page.
Week 5 Assignment: Research Designs Assignment
The Nursing Practice is based on nursing knowledge and the foundation of nursing knowledge is based on nursing research. Nurses rely on research to reinforce their decision making and to help apply critical thinking directly to specific patient care. Research also ensures nurses that their decisions are based on sound science. It is important for nurses to understand research so that the care they are providing is patient-centered with a measurable goal. This paper will serve as bases for different types of research methods and how it can be used to create an evidence-based nursing practice.
Quantitative research is the traditional approach to scientific research in which variables are identified and measured in a reliable way. The goal of quantitative research is to measure and analyze casual relationships between variables to draw a conclusion. Quantitative research is important because it associates statistical/numerical evidence to help support evidence-based nursing practice. Quantified numbers and statistics can be applied to nursing practice by analyzing data of the controlled group versus the intervention group of the study. There can be a direct correlation between the numerical value and how well a patient is taking to a treatment. Therefore, Quantitative research can determine the final course of action of treatment, which helps the nurse provide patient-centered care.
Quantitative research is associated with four types of research design but one research design type that stands out the most is the descriptive research design method. One important feature of the descriptive design is that it is an explorative and a confirmatory design method. It is an accurate portrayal of the characteristics of individuals, situations, or groups and the frequency with which certain phenomena occur using statistics to describe and summarize the data (Ingham-Broomfield, Becky, 2014). Usually, with this type of design study, the researcher must be an investigator looking to confirm the suspicion.
Quantitative research can help improve nursing practice by providing a definitive answer which can determine the outcome of the patient’s care. For example, usually, there is little known about what is wrong with a patient when they are admitted and it is up to the nurse to formulate descriptive questions (who, what, when, where, how many and how much) in order to determine an outcome. Also quantitative research has the capability for identifying and applying the interventions that can maximize the quality and quantity of life for a patient and which drugs and procedures are best for treating diseases.
On the other hand, qualitative research is more related to understanding the meaning of experience from the individual’s perspective such as focus group interviews, social interactions, and participant observations. It is more based on opinion than statistics……….. Kindly click the purchase icon above to purchase full solution for $10
Week 5 Assignment: Research Designs Assignment