(Solution) NR447 Week 2 Assignment: Direct Care Project Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis
The purpose of this direct care project is for learners to apply the nursing process to assess if the nursing care provided by professionally certified nurses will result in improved patient outcomes. This is Part 1 of 4 in the Direct Care Project.
- There are four parts to the Direct Care Project.
- There will be graded Project Check-ins that correlate to each part.
- Review the table below for overview and due dates with each topic.
- Carefully review the instructions, tutorials, templates, and rubrics for each of the four parts as you begin this Course Project.
- Contact your instructor with questions.
Directions for Part 1
- Review the Direct Care Project Overview above.
- View the Direct Care Project Part 1 Tutorial (Click here to view) (Links to an external site.).
- Download the Direct Care Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis template under Templates below.
- Please address the following areas on the provided template:
- State the clinical certification and target population including setting that were approved by your instructor in the Week 2: Direct Care Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis Check-In.
- Thorough discussion of why this certification was selected in relationship to the selected setting
- Describe the criteria for selected clinical certification
- Process to obtain clinical certification
- Cost of application and testing
- Requirements prior to certification
- Examination description
- Renewal time and process
- Required items for renewal
- Provide APA reference for one peer-reviewed scholarly professional nursing journal article connecting patient outcomes, certification, and leadership skills.
- From Chamberlain Library
- CINAHL or ProQuest
- Note: Do not use CINAHL Guides or Evidence-Based Care Sheets
- Full Text only
- No more than 5 years old
- In English
- Include the permalink
- For more information on finding Permalinks in the Chamberlain Library, see Learn the Library and Finding Permalinks (Links to an external site.)
- Reference must be use APA format including author(s), year, article title, journal name, volume number, issue number, page numbers, italics, parentheses, punctuation, double line spacing, and hanging indent. Include DOI if available.
- From Chamberlain Library
- Summarize findings of article
- Summarize the key points of the selected peer-reviewed scholarly professional nursing journal article in one or two paragraphs.
- Be clear and concise.
- Discuss how patient outcomes in the selected setting could be improved by certified nurses.
- Discuss how certification can impact leadership skills in the selected setting.
- Identify a problem (diagnosis) based on your assessment
- Important: The problem you identify will be utilized in Parts 2, 3, and 4 of the Direct Care Project.
- Write the problem diagnosis (See template)
- Submit template through the Submit Assignment button on this page.
DIRECT CARE PROJECT PART 1
ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS
Assessment of Certification, Patient Outcomes, and Leadership
- State the clinical certification and target population that were approved by your instructor in the Week 2: Direct Care Part 1 Assessment and Diagnosis Check-In.
- Clinical certification
Certified nurse Oncology (OCN)
- Target population including setting
- Discuss why this clinical certification was selected in relationship to the selected setting
Firstly, the Certified Nurse Oncology (OCN) was chosen in relation to the infusion centers/hospice setting because the writer is an oncology nurse who hopes to become a certified oncology nurse and to specialize in the hospice care for cancer patient. Therefore, Certified Nurse Oncology (OCN) and the hospice setting was the most appealing choice for the writer given that they relate directly to his professional development as a nurse. The writer also believes that hospice is quite a specialized setting and in such a setting, there is need for more than general nursing. It therefore goes without saying that certification is ideal in hospice care. For a nurse seeking to work with hospice cancer patients, Certified Nurse Oncology (OCN) certification is an ideal certification as it provides him or her with the knowledge base, skills set, trust and confidence to need to provide individualized care to terminally ill cancer patients. Today, oncology nurses are critical players in the delivery of end of life………………….Click the purchase icon above to purchase full solution at $25