Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The similarity report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
A. Submit a photo journal in PDF format of each of the following sites in Sentinel City and include the location name in the text box for each photo:
Note: Within Sentinel City, you will notice a camera icon. Use this camera to take pictures of the sites.
• Interfaith Church
• Sentinel City School District
• Sentinel City Department of Transportation
• Better Health Clinic
• ABC Daycare
• Sentinel City Affordable Housing Project
• City Hall
• Radio Buzz 96.5 FM
• Sentinel City Healthcare System
• Joe’s Grocery
• Sentinel City Department of Parks and Recreation
B. Complete a needs-assessment summary to determine the health needs and risks of the virtual community in Sentinel City by using each of the following attached tools and include a brief summary of how each tool was used in your needs assessment:
• “Demographics, Neighborhood/Safety, and Scavenger Hunt Assessment Tools ”
• “Windshield Survey”
1. Analyze the collected data from part B, using concepts of epidemiology and health determinants.
Note: Refer to these three sections of your course for additional information: Epidemiology in the Community, Public Health Data, and Community Health Assessment.
C. Formulate a community diagnosis for Sentinel City by doing the following:
1. Discuss three problems you identified in your assessment of Sentinel City in part B, and provide a corresponding Healthy People 2020 goal (see the “Healthy People 2020“ web link) to support each problem.
2. Identify a primary prevention topic based on one of the problems you discussed in part C1.
Note: See the attached “Primary Prevention Topic List” for guidance.
3. Discuss two community resource sites (e.g., Sentinel City Affordable Housing Project, Better Health Clinic) that are currently available to address the primary prevention topic identified in part C2.
D. Discuss how you will apply the assessment strategies learned from the simulation environment to an assessment of your own community.