(Solved) MKT306 Strategic Marketing Report
- Using appropriate sources undertake a full marketing audit of your chosen category and brand. Include an evaluation of the current marketing strategy and position in the market.
- Demonstrate the brands effectiveness by providing an evaluation of their current market performance. This should include relevant market performance data to underpin your evaluation, for example market growth, sales trends, profitability etc.
- Provide a critical evaluation of the brand’s competitive edge (USP) with comparison to the main competitor brands in the marketplace.
[Weighting – 50%]
- Based on your Part 1 analysis provide the rationale for the introduction of a new product to the range.
- Outline the features / benefits of the new product.
- Identify target segment/s.
- Set clear marketing objectives to launch a new product with the aim of increasing brand awareness, market share, sales and/or profitability.
- Recommendations – with application to the marketing mix, recommend a relevant marketing strategy to addressing the marketing objectives.
These suggestions should be your own ideas but may include marketing tactics and strategies used by other successful organisations or companies.
[Weighting – 50%]
Your arguments, findings and recommendations should be supported by theories, facts and figures published within academic books, journal articles, recognised business magazines and market intelligence reports.
N.B. Please note the maximum word count includes the executive summary but excludes appendix and references.
- Length: 3,500 words
- Format: Report
- Weighting 100% of the marks for the module
- Submission date:
- Submission: Uploaded onto Turnitin via Canvas
- Upon successful completion of this assessment, students will be able to have demonstrated:
Knowledge and Understanding
- Explain the nature of marketing strategy and its significance for the organisation.
- Assess the drivers and factors affecting the choice of marketing strategies.
- Evaluate appropriate models and techniques that aid the strategic marketing process.
- Analyse contemporary marketing issues and problems in a strategic context.
- Research skills.
- Interpretation of advanced information and marketing data handling skills.
- Assessing communications skills to develop effective relationship marketing.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Strategic Management Report
This report sought to carry out a market audit for Samsung Galaxy Tab and evaluate its competitive advantage in the UK market. Based on the results of this evaluation the report proceeds to set marketing objectives and suggest appropriate market segmentation, targeting and segmentation. The report then suggests future marketing strategies to be employed to achieve sustainable competitive advantage in UK.
The report established that the UK political, economic, technological and social environment support the growth of Galaxy Tab market share. However environmental laws and legal framework restrict the company performance. Further the report established that Samsung has strong brand name, capital investments, high innovativeness, investment is research and development and skilled employees that add immense value to the organisation’s output. However the company is reliant of the android operating system and the Samsung brand to enhance the Galaxy Tab image. The Galaxy Tab grew its market share from 4 percent to 10 percent between 2012 and 2013. This has rapidly shot to 19 percent by midyear 2014. Despite the company recording 18 percent fall in profitability the Galaxy Tab recorded positive growth in profits. Furthermore the Galaxy Tab obtained 30 percent of android market share beating rivals like Nexus, Lenovo and Kindle Fire among others.
The report suggests that the company segments the UK market along the psychographic variable of social class. This should be followed by targeting of the middle social class and positioning Galaxy Tab as high quality product that offer consumers value for money. Therefore the report suggests that the company adopt moderate pricing to ensure affordability among the UK middle class. In addition the report proposes that Samsung improves its online presence to boost its online marketing and distribution channels to capture an extensive section of the market. This will improve revenue generation, enhance consumer awareness and improve the company’s physical presence.
Table of contents
- Evaluation of current marketing strategy. 4
- Galaxy Tab market segmentation, targeting and positioning. 6
- Galaxy Tab marketing objectives. 8
- Samsung Galaxy Tab marketing mix. 9