(Solved) NR439 Week 5 Discussion: Samples and Data Collection
NR 439 Week 5 Discussion: Samples and Data Collection
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
- CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (PO 4 & 8)
- CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (PO 7 & 8)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 5
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 5
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Access the following information. You may read the PDF online or download it.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Fast facts: The nursing workforce 2014: Growth, salaries, education, demographics & trends. ANA. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/globalassets/practiceandpolicy/workforce/fastfacts_nsgjobgrowth-salaries_updated8-25-15.pdf (Links to an external site.)
- Review the data presented in the ANA Fast Facts and describe some of the key attributes/characteristics of this sample of the nursing workforce.
- Discuss some of the data that you found interesting; include what you believe the purpose (intent) of ANA sharing these results.
- The instruments and tools that we use to collect data need to be reliable and valid. Define these terms and explain the importance of each. Share one way that can be used to collect data that you were not aware of or familiar with.
Review the data presented in the ANA Fast Facts and describe some of the key attributes/characteristics of this sample of the nursing workforce.
The information introduced in the ANA Fast Facts describe pivotal parts of development for the nursing career for the years 2012 to 2022. A portion of the basic traits that I saw in the ANA Facts sheet were the expansion of RN positions accessible for registered nurses and advanced practice nurses. The nursing career has become among the top ten percentile of all fields. Moreover, there is only a 1.3% difference in the number of RN’s that live in rural versus urban areas (American Nurses Association, 2014). There has been an expansion of nurses in the workforce that are male.
Discuss some of the data that you found interesting; include what you believe the purpose (intent) of ANA sharing these results.
I was astounded to discover that the mean average for postsecondary nursing educators and instructors is $70,200, while the RN’s mean salary is $68,910. I was just wondering how an RN, a professional managing the lives of others could earn less compared to a teacher. Something different that I discovered fascinating is the significant compensation of $131,800 annually by nurses in San Francisco (American Nurses Association, 2014). However, I would caution new RN’s seeking to be employed in San Francisco to consider……..Kindly click the purchase icon above to purchase full solution at $5