(Solved) NR451 Week 5 Assignment: iCARE Paper
The purpose of the iCARE Paper assignment is to explore the concept of interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Nursing supportive actions of compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice will serve as a way to apply care concepts.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO1: Applies principles of nursing, theories, and the care philosophies to self, colleagues, individuals, families, aggregates and communities throughout the healthcare system. (PO#1)
- CO6: Plans clinical practice activities that integrate professional nursing standards in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and the American Nurses’ Association (ANA) standards of practice. (PO#6)
The assignment is worth 200 points.
Submit your completed assignment by Sunday end of Week 5 by 11:59 p.m. MT.
- Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with Integrity (Links to an external site.)
- View a short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment: iCARE Paper Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- Getting Started: Interprofessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting).
- For this assignment, consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes.
- Look to your current workplace as an example. (If you are not currently employed, look to a past workplace or clinical practice area.)
- Apply the components of the iCARE concept to interprofessional teams in a short paper. (Body of the paper to be 3 pages, excluding the title page and references page)
- iCARE components are:
- C ompassion
- A dvocacy
- R esilience
- E vidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- How could you contribute to an interprofessional team and patient outcomes through nursing actions of: compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice?
- Select one scholarly nursing article from CINAHL as a resource for your paper.
- Additional scholarly sources can be used but are optional.
- When searching in the CINAHL database, please limit your search word to one component of the paper you wish to emphasize, such as ‘Resilience’. Searching for the term iCARE will not produce the results you need.
- Elements of iCARE paper
- Title page
- Below are the headings to be used for this assignment.
- Introduction: (No heading needed here in APA) Explain the type of work setting you are discussing and whether interprofessional teams are currently present. If interprofessional teams are present, indicate a team function that could be improved. If interprofessional teams are NOT present, indicate what type of team you think might be possible in the setting.
- Describe a nursing action item for each component below that could contribute to: interprofessional team support; how this might impact the culture of your unit or organization; and possible impact on patient outcomes.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Summary: Include a summary statement of how iCARE components can support interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Address how you may be able to influence this process of support for interprofessional teams overall in your unit or organization.
- References: List any references used in APA format.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Use APA format for citations and references.
- Please paraphrase throughout. One short quote is permitted.
Interprofessional Teams and Patient Outcomes
The healthcare industry in the United States has hugely evolved in the recent past. This has been fueled by a plethora of factors including, but not limited to changing patient needs and rapid technological advancements. With these complexities, it has become imperative for health practitioners to collaborate through interprofessional teams (Moss, Seifert, & O’Sullivan, 2016). This is for the primary purpose of enhancing positive outcomes of the patients. Within my healthcare setting, I am part of the acute team. The team specializes in dealing with patients suffering from strokes as well as various cardiovascular diseases. In this team, the use of iCare components can play a fundamental role in enhancing patient outcomes. On this understanding, the purpose of this essay is to explore how iCare components can influence nurse actions in the acute care team. These components are compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice.
The American Nurses Association (2015) defines compassion as the sympathetic consciousness of the distress of other people with a desire to alleviate or address it. Put simply, compassion entails showing sympathy or concerns for others due to their misfortunes such as illness. In the context of nursing practice, compassionate care typically makes it possible for patients to feel more comfortable when they are in pain or suffering from emotional or mental distress. When nurses demonstrate compassion, they provide the patients with the confidence and support that they need in the recovery journey. This, in turn, plays a pivotal role in promoting positive health outcomes. When it comes to acute care, demonstration of compassion is paramount given that the patients within this setting suffer from serious illnesses. Therefore, showing sympathy or concern can go a long way in enhancing their outcomes. According to Moss et al. (2016), nurses can demonstrate compassionate care through listening to the patients actively, establishing a therapeutic relationship, and addressing their concerns effectively and amicably.
Advocacy has been considered to be one of the main foundations of the nursing practice. Moss et al. (2016) define advocacy as the use one’s position for the purpose of supporting, protecting, as well as speaking out the interests and rights of other people. Owing to the fact that nurses are the practitioners who spend the most time with the patients, it has long been claimed that their role in patient advocacy cannot be underestimated. Through advocacy, nurses are able to influence healthcare policies at local, state, and national levels. These policies can, in turn, play a pertinent role in addressing various needs of the patients and nurses, resulting in improved health outcomes. In acute care, nurses can enhance advocacy by creating awareness and understanding of acute care practices in supporting the care needs of the patients……………Click the purchase icon ABOVE to purchase the full solution at $10
Week 5 Assignment: iCARE Paper
Week 5 Assignment: iCARE Paper